Clients and sector expertise
The business community is my natural target group
- Corporates: divisions and business units
- Larger family enterprise
- Professional organisations
- Venture capital companies and their participating interests
- The non-profit sector: passing on my experience from the profit sector
- International, but with Dutch roots (especially Western Europe, incidentally also in Eastern Europe and North America).
As a PUM-expert (www.pum.nl) I have fulfilled assigments in Rwanda (2014) and Marocco (2015).
As my father was a director and major shareholder (of a scientific publishing house), I’ve been familiar with advantages and disadvantages of this type of business since I was a young boy. Later on in life, I became engrossed in sustainability and that’s when it dawned on me that the long-term vision of the family business is one of the important aspects of sustainable businesses. When I first worked as a consultant, I also became familiar with the dilemmas faced by the management board of a large family business. In the beginning of 2014 I entered into a partnership with some other consultants, specialized in consulting the family business: INNOO, Consulting and guiding the family business - from generation to generation
Two elements are the basis for the success of professional organisations:
- attract, retain, fully develop and optimally deploy employees and partners
- while acting as a properly functioning partnership.
When I first worked as a consultant, I was a partner and a managing partner.
I worked in many sectors as an employee/manager, consultant and non-executive. I feel at home in the following sectors: Agricultural suppliers: agriculture and horticulture, the chemical industry, the financial sector (banks and M&A), mental health (rehabilitation care), wholesale and logistics, private equity and professional firms.